Ruswin Integrated Security Systems is committed to protecting the privacy of our workers personal information. We are required to comply with a number of privacy laws including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs regulate the manner in which personal information is handled by Ruswin.
Access to the APPS can be found at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act
As an employer we are required to collect, use and disclose personal information. Personal information means information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual.
- The purpose of this Policy is to provide information on the following:
- The kinds of personal information collected and held by Ruswin;
- The way in which personal information is collected and held;
- The purposes for which personal information is collected, held, used and disclosed;
- How an individual may access their personal information and request any correction in the information;
- How an individual may make a complaint relating to the handling of personal information or a potential breach of the APPs and the process that will be adopted in handling a complaint;
3. INFORMATION RELATING TO YOUR PRIVACY
As an employee of Ruswin, or a contractor we collect personal information relating to your identity, employment history and qualifications, business and any other information that may be legitimately requested to facilitate your employment.
Sensitive information is a type of personal information which includes personal information relating to health information, racial or ethnic origin, criminal records, religious affiliation and political opinion. Sensitive Information will only be collected when it is required by law (including collection on behalf of the Australian Government) or it is necessary for Ruswin administrative or educational purposes and we have obtained your consent.
4. THE COLLECTION AND HOLDING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In most cases Ruswin collects personal information directly from individuals through verbal and written communication, and other types of direct questionnaires and surveys.
Ruswin stores and holds personal information In a secure and restricted manner. Personal information is stored both electronically and in hard form. Personal information may be archived or destroyed once no longer needed in accordance with Ruswin Records permitted by the APPs. Access is restricted to only those individuals authorised by Ruswin to access the information in order to carry out their responsibilities.
5. PURPOSE OF COLLECTING, USING, STORING AND DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information provided by you to Ruswin will only be used by Ruswin for the administrative or educational purposes of Ruswin, or for another purpose for which you have specifically provided consent.
Examples of the administrative or educational purposes which Ruswin will collect, use, store or disclose your personal information are to provide a means of:
- Establishing proof of identity
- Enabling Communication
- Providing emergency details, including next of kin
- Facilitating student admission, enrolment, continuation of course and graduation
- Accessing your eligibility for fee support, grant and programs.
- Obtaining information relating to Ruswin quality and compliance issues
- Any other purpose for which an individual has consented to.
Ruswin will obtain consent to disclose personal information to marketing, communication and related third party agencies. Where an individual consents to the disclosure of personal information for marketing and communication purposes the individual will be provided with an ongoing opportunity to opt out of receiving any communications at any time.
In some cases Ruswin may de-identify personal information for quality and statistical analysis. If we disclose this type of information we will do so in accordance with the APPS.
6. REQUESTING ACCESS AND SEEKING CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Workers have a right to request access to their personal information and to request its correction.
A request for access to an individual’s personal information can only be made by the individual to whom the personal information relates and should be made in writing to the Human Resources Manager.
7. MAKING A COMPLAINT ABOUT RUSWIN’S HANDLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If an individual wishes to make a complaint about Ruswin’s handling of personal information he or she should contact the Human Resources Manager. The Human Resources Manager will try to resolve the matter informally. However if the complaint cannot be resolved the individual will be required to:
- Formally lodge the complaint in writing to the the Human Resources Manager with any supporting documentation
attached to the complaint.
- Ruswin will deal with the complaint within 30 business days and advise the individual lodging the complaint of the
- If the individual is unhappy with the outcome he or she may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Further information about the external dispute resolution can be found at www.oaic.gov.au.